New York is among the top tier fine dining cities in the world...but honesting, when I think NY food, I quickly go to the New York Pizza slice. And how can you go wrong w/ anything pizza related; so that’s where I took my NY Giants burgers. To get as many pizza toppings in as I good, I mixed some Italian sausage with the ground beef to form the patty. Then for toppings, I added some onions, peppers, pepperoni, pizza sauce, and of course mozzarella cheese. Among all my NFL burgers, I gotta say that this one was one of my favorite burgers to make, and it was one of my kids' favorite to eat!
- Italian bread
- 3 ounces of ground beef
- 2 ounces of ground sausage
- ¼ cup of raw onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of green pepper, chopped
- 5-6 slices of Pepperoni
- ½ cup of Pizza sauce
- 3 ounces of Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Finely chop the onion and green pepper.
- Sautee the chopped veggies in olive oil until softened, for about 8 minutes over a medium heat.
- Season the veggies with salt.
- Form a patty using 2 parts ground beef and 1 part ground sausage.
- Add the veggies to the meat and mix with your hands until blended.
- Form a patty from the meat mixture, create a dimple in the center so it will cook more evenly, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear the patty on both sides in a hot oiled skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patty for about 4 ½ minutes in one side.
- Flip burger, cook for about 3 minutes, then top with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Cover burger with a glass pan lid to allow the cheese to melt (about 30 seconds).
- Kill the heat and transfer the patty to a plate. Let it rest a few minutes.
- Toast and plate the bread.
- Add a layer of sauce to the bread.
- Place the burger on the pizza sauce.
- Add more sauce to the top of the burger.
- Place top bread and cut the sandwich in half.
This was one of my favorite burgers to make, and also one of my kids' favorites!