It was actually pretty easy to come up with "DA BEARS" burger. The Chicago Dog, a hot dog garnished with just about everything but the kitchen sink, is already world famous...and it's pretty easy to make a hot dog shaped burger.
Obviously instead of steaming or boiling like hot dog, you need to grill or sear off the burger version, but that's easy enough to do. I like to top it with all the traditional garnish...and add just one - cheese - because you know, cheese just belongs on a burger. Of course, I decided to put mine on the inside, Juicy Lucy style. Enjoy it Bears fans!
- 12-inch hoagie roll
- 1/3 pound of ground beef
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sport Peppers
- Onion (chopped)
- Tomato (sliced)
- Yellow mustard
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Form a portion of ground beef into the shape of a hot dog.
- Dig a trench in the meat, and stuff it with shredded cheddar.
- Seal the meat so the cheese is fully enclosed.
- Roll the meat gently on a board with your hands to round it.
- Place oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Sear the patty for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the patty to a plate and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Open the hot dog (or hoagie) roll.
- Put tomatoes and dill pickle spear onto the roll.
- Add the dog burger.
- Add mustard.
- Add sport peppers, relish, and onion.
- Cut the sandwich in half.
I hope my Chicago Dog Burger does “Da Bears” proud. Enjoy it, Bears fans!