My tribute to the food truck revolution is a Taco Truck Burger for the Oakland Raiders, since Oakland is one of the early pioneers of Food Truck culture. My personal creation is a seared chorizo and beef patty wrapped, burrito-style, in a flour tortilla with avocado, cheese and pico de Gallo.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- ½ pound of ground beef
- Pico de Gallo (or chunky salsa)
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Add a tablespoon of chopped chorizo to the ground beef and mix with your hands.
- Form the meat into a dimpled patty.
- Sear the patty in a heated, lightly oiled pan over medium-high heat, for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Season patty lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lay out a fresh flour tortilla and sprinkle cheddar on it toward the center.
- When burger is almost cooked, remove from pan and place it on the flour tortilla.
- Add more cheese to the burger.
- Top with Pico de Gallo or chunky salsa.
- Add sliced avocado or guacamole.
- Wrap tortilla around the ingredients, and cook in oiled pan over medium-high heat until tortilla is browned on both sides.
- Turn off the heat.
- Slice sandwich diagonally.
Serving suggestion: Eat while walking. Now that's what I call Street Food!